December 11, 2013 - 11:43 am
It’s Disability Awareness Month and we host a discussion on what some are doing to increase awareness of what people with disabilities have to offer our communities. We take time to reflect on the history of the disability justice movement and consider the experience of people with disabilities and their families in incorporating this population into our communities, our schools and in our workplaces.
- Tom Everill – President and CEO of the Northwest Center
- Tevin Jenkins – Former student in the NW Center’s school to work program and current employee at the Pacific Science Center
- Bill Krueger – Father of a daughter who was diagnosed with autism
- Top Ten: December 1st – 8th
- Top Ten: December 9th – 15th