Our Local Muslim Community – The Impact of 9/11
September 3, 2013 - 12:41 pm
9/11 has changed the American landscape in a huge way, and it’s impacted the Muslim American community profoundly. Negative stereotypes and intolerance of Muslims have emerged since the tragedy, making uncomfortable interactions a common occurrence for our local Muslim families. Today, we talk about the challenges this community faces and how they’re reaching out to foster conversation and mutual understanding in our region.
- Alam Ali – One of the organizers of the Muslims for Life Blood Drive
- George Delgado – City of Des Moines Chief of Police
Listen to the interview here: KBCS_M+I_20130903_Local Muslim Community
- September 4th – 9 am to 3 pm at Seattle City Hall in the Bertha Knight Landes Conference Room(600 Fourth Ave., Seattle, WA, 98104)
- September 7th – 10 am to 4 pm at the Des Moines Public Works Parking Lot (2255 S. 223rd St, Des Moines, WA, 98198)
- Top Ten Most Aired Releases August 19th-25th:
- What Is Your Dream?