Weekdays 6-7am, 8-9am, 5-6pm
July 6, 2015 - 12:41 pm
- The Honeycutters Me Oh My (Organic )
- Calexico Edge Of The Sun (Anti)
- The Deslondes The Deslondes (New West)
- Eilen Jewell Sundown Over Ghost Town (Signature Sounds)
- Sam Lewis Waiting On You (Brash)
- Melody Gardot Currency Of Man (Verve)
- Jason Isbell Something More Than Free (Southeastern)
- Lord Huron Strange Trails (I Am Sound)
- Allen Stone Radius (Capitol)
- Robert Randolph & The Word Soul Food (Vanguard)
June 30, 2015 - 3:23 pm
5 brand new releases we can’t wait to share with you this month:
1. Dustbowl Revival With A Lampshade On (Signature Sounds) – This California band could be described as an American roots hootenanny with an added soulful groove.! The music is a little Dixieland Jazz, Soul and Old-Time Folk. So much fun to listen to that you may even put on a lampshade too.
2. Chico Trujillo Reina de Todas las Fiestas / The Queen of All Parties (Barbés) – Colombian based band that recorded this album in Colombia, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and the U.S. They wanted to create a pan-Latin American sound that is still based in the cumbia dance genre, but also incorporates other aspects of the continent’s varied musical culture. From the sounds of it, they were successful in their endeavor.
3. The Deslonde’s The Deslonde’s (New West) – New Orleans-based band that captures the classic sound from the old southern Country-Blues recordings. Imagine the rootsy sound of the classic 60’s group, The Band, transplanted to a honky tonk. If you can stay still while listening to ‘Less Honkin’ More Tonkin’ then your ears may be broke.
June 5, 2015 - 12:28 am
In bull riding, a cowboy is challenged to last 8 seconds on a bucking bull. Professional riders have less than a 50% chance of lasting a full ride. This week, we highlight bull riding through the perspectives of those who live it. Episode 1: Gary Leffew is the 1970 bull riding world champion He’s also