October 20, 2014 - 11:18 am
- Frazey Ford Indian Ocean (Nettwerk)
- Taylor McFerrin Early Riser (Brainfeeder)
- Sinkane Mean Love (DFA)
- various Take Me To The River Soundtrack (Stax / Concord)
- Ruthie Foster Promise of a Brand New Day (Blue Corn)
- Soul Scratch Down The Road (independent)
- Tony Allen Film Of Life (Jazz Village)
- Dom Flemons Prospect Hill (Music Maker)
- The Stray Birds Best Medicine (Yep Roc)
- Captain Planet Esperanto Slang (Bastard Jazz)
October 9, 2014 - 10:56 am
The Bushwick Book Club Seattle and 91.3 KBCS present an evening of original music inspired by Robert Kirkman’s post-apocalyptic comic book The Walking Dead.
The Bushwick Book Club Seattle is a songwriter’s collective. Each month eight songwriters choose a book, read the book, write songs inspired by it, and perform those songs in [...]
October 9, 2014 - 10:41 am
Sonya Green, KBCS News and Public Affairs Director and host of Music + Ideas, will lead a panel on media relations tailored for the needs of non-profit organizations.
“Building a Grassroots Campaign – Traditional Media” focuses on reaching an audience via traditional print and broadcast outlets. Presenters include Essex Porter of KIRO-TV and Robert Vickers [...]
October 6, 2014 - 3:41 pm
91.3 KBCS is proud to sponsor the 26th annual Earshot Jazz Festival: October 10th through November 11th.
With over 50 concerts to enjoy, curated by KBCS midmorning host John Gilbreath, music fans have a wide variety of adventurous performances to choose from.
To get started, consider these five KBCS picks:
10/13 – Taylor [...]
September 27, 2014 - 2:52 pm
It’s Latino Heritage Month and this week, KBCS brings you the voices for our region. Monday and Tuesday: Estela Ortega, co-founder of El Centro de la Raza. Wednesday: Rose Cano, Artistic Director of Ese Teatro and author of the play Don Quixote & Sancho Panza: Homeless in Seattle, playing at ACT Theater. Thursday and [...]