The annual NW Folklife Festival celebrates music, arts and culture every Memorial Day weekend. Each year, the Festival features a cultural focus and this year’s theme is a look at labor culture in our region. We discuss the culture around labor and the ever-active and ever-changing labor movements in Washington with three guests in our [...]
As our economy stumbles its way through these hard times, it’s good to take a moment to reflect on alternatives to how we can do business…and alternatives ARE out there.
Today on Music+Ideas, host Sonya Green takes a look at cooperative businesses, both consumer co-ops and worker-owned co-ops.
Webster Walker worked at Central [...]
- Alice Russell / To Dust / Tru Thoughts
- The Greyboy Allstars / Inland Emperor / Knowledge Room
- Bobby McFerrin / Spirityouall / Sony
- Shannon McNally / Small Town Talk / Sacred Sumac
- John Reischman / Walk Along John / Corvus
- Jerry Miller / New Road Under My Wheels / Signature Sounds
- Charles Bradley / Victim of Love / Daptone
- Iron & Wine / Ghost On Ghost / 4AD
- Rebekah Pulley & The Reluctant Prophets / Tralala / Independent
- Hamilton de Holanda & Andre Mehmari / Gismonti Pascoa- The Music Of Egberto & Hermetol / Adventure
Over the weekend, Israel was in the news for reported air strikes in Syria. Israel is often in the news for the continued Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
China is hosting both the Palestinian and Israeli leaders this week, in a sign of its desire for a larger role in the Middle East. But [...]
Host Sonya Green interviews LeRoy Bell on Music + Ideas. LeRoy is known for his music throughout the world, but calls Seattle home.
Warning: you may start snapping along as LeRoy performs, you may laugh at Sonya because she’s so excited to meet LeRoy and you may go buy his latest release “Rock ‘N Soul”.
On March 15th, KBCS began broadcasting from our new location high atop Cougar Mountain.
We’d love to hear from everyone tuned into the “new” 91.3 fm. Please take our quick survey and let us know how we sound.