September 29, 2014 - 11:38 am
- various Take Me To The River Soundtrack (Stax / Concord)
- Frazey Ford Indian Ocean (Nettwerk)
- Mike Farris Shine For All The People (Compass)
- Henry Butler & Steven Bernstein Viper’s Drag (Impulse)
- Ruthie Foster Promise of a Brand New Day (Blue Corn)
- Taylor McFerrin Early Riser (Brainfeeder)
- The Earls of Leicester The Earls Of Leicester (Rounder)
- The Bad Plus Inevitable Western (Sony)
- Dr. John Ske-Dat-De-DatThe Spirit Of Satch (Concord)
- Mark Erelli Milltowns (independent)
September 26, 2014 - 6:08 am
When you donate to KBCS, ask about our museum pack. It’s a hand-picked selection of passes to some of our favorite museums. We’d like to send one to you.
As the air gets cooler and the rain returns, it’s the best time to explore museums.
Donate now, feel good, and learn [...]
September 19, 2014 - 8:25 am
September is National Recovery Month and this week we talk with a number of experts about the different faces of addiction and recovery.
September 17, 2014 - 1:39 pm
Sickle cell disease is a disorder in which the body makes sickle-shaped red blood cells that cannot move easily through blood vessels. Sickle cell anemia is the most common form of sickle cell disease. It mainly affects people of African, Asian and Mediterranean descent. We discuss sickle cell disease, treatment and challenges with Dr. Michael [...]
September 4, 2014 - 2:49 pm
Last year, the United States deported nearly 370,000 people. That’s nine times the number 20 years ago. Meanwhile, a recent study on trends in Mexico released by the Pew Research Center finds that 34% of its pool said they would like to migrate to the US. Over 70% said top concerns [...]