March 3, 2014 - 3:10 pm
KBCS has good news for you! Whether your vehicle is running or not, you can make a tax-deductible donation of your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, tractor, scooter, snowmobile, boat, and yes, even jet ski, to community radio. Use this convenient online form or call 877-411-3662 for more information about making a vehicle donation to [...]
March 10, 2014 - 2:33 pm
March is women’s history month. KBCS producer Yuko Kodama spoke with actress and historian, Tames Alan about the intersection of women’s fashion and politics in 19th Century.
Day 1 Tames Alan talks about fashion in the mid-19th century.
Day 2 History shows fashion and unequal laws weighed women down in the 1800’s. But [...]
March 10, 2014 - 12:50 pm
- various The Rough Guide To Latin Rare Groove (World Music Network)
- Naomi Wachira Naomi Wachira (independent)
- John Gorka Bright Side Of Down (Red House)
- various Looking Into You – A Tribute To Jackson Browne (Music Road)
- Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings Give the People What They Want (Daptone)
- Angelique Kidjo Eve (429)
- Laurie Lewis with Tom Rozum & Nina Gerber One Evening in May (Spruce & Maple)
- Hurray For The Riff Raff Small Town Heroes (ATO)
- Cahalen Morrison & Eli West I’ll Swing My Hammer With Both My Hands (independent)
- Catherine Russell Bring It Back (Jazz Village/Harmonia Mundi)
February 28, 2014 - 12:09 pm
On Music+Ideas this week we explore some of the complexity and challenges of adoption across ethnic lines. This series was produced for KBCS by Yuko Kodama.
Day 1 – When children are one race and their parents are another, racial literacy is important. Transracial adoptions are intended for good but sometimes the adoptee experiences a different outcome. [...]
February 28, 2014 - 11:38 am
Music of the Moment:
5 brand new releases we can’t wait to share with you this month:
- various The Rough Guide to Latin Rare Groove (World Music Network) – Another fun compilation from this long running series. Need to spice up your day? Put on this record and you’ll be dancing along to the [...]